Friday, June 13, 2008

Anniversary

Thank you, everyone for all of your prayers and support.

Matt has decided to leave the military. He is elligible for full medical retirement. The process for leaving the army will take some time. Matt has determined that this in not the best time to continue to pursue walking. He is due for a rest! He will continue to live in San Antonio for the time being in an apartment with his friend, James Orlowski.


Matt's one year anniversary was this past week. Many of his family joined him in Texas to celebrate his life. His sister, Windy, and her family were able to be with Matt for the first time since before he went to Iraq. All of us were with him in spirit if not in person.
Meeting Kolby, Windy's son. At the coast near Corpus Christi
The gang at the beach house in CC
Matt demonstrating his new wheels.
This is the iBot chair...look it up on the internet. It is amazing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, I am so glad you were able to spend some time with your family. I'm sure it was good for all of you.
I know you have had to make some hard decisions, and leaving the army was one of them. I pray that you will continue having the strength and fortitude to move forward with your new life. I love you and will keep you close to my heart, in prayer. Love, Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

Matt, I am with you in prayer and spirit and hope that these next weeks will give you some peace and rest to renew your spirit to move on to whatever you choose. I continue to be proud and am always there for you. love, aunt marta

Anonymous said...

Matt:
We wish you peace in mind & spirit, and support you in all your decisions.
Love you!
Bob & Becky

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I'm not sure if you remember me but I went to highschool with you @ STA. I've been following what happened to you for some time now since I moved down to Austin right about the time all of this happened last year. I've also been keeping you in my prayers and wishing the best for you. I haven't posted anything until this point since I know you have been going through a LOT. Well, since it looks like you'll be down here in the crazy cowboy state for a while...if you are ever looking for something to do,(its not like you are busy or anything, HA!) feel free to hit me up sometime. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do!
matthew.paden@farmersinsurance.com

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Please keep in touch so that we can connect again. I wish you all the best for your future.
~Kim

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Matt. Hope you get to see those fireworks you love so much! Thanks for all you have done for our country. love, aunt marta

Anonymous said...

I keep watching the blog...hoping to hear how you are doing. Add something, or just let me know.

Hugs,
Debra, MAJ Kinsey's wife

Anonymous said...

hey sgt lammers its clees you are doing so great my email is
tclees1987@yahoo.com email me some time take care